2ND SOCIAL MEDIA SEMINAR BY THE Association of African Universities (AAU) IN COLLABORATION WITH SOUTHERN AFRICA NAZARENE UNIVERSITY (SANU)
The Association of African Universities (AAU), has its headquarters is in Accra, Ghana, and was founded in Rabat, Morocco on November 12, 1967. The Association possesses a unique capacity to convene higher education institutional leaders and policy-makers from all parts of the continent on key issues related to African higher education and development. In addition, the Association provides leadership in the identification of emerging issues and support for debating them and facilitating appropriate follow-up action by its members, partners and other stakeholders and also building the capacities of its member universities in key areas.
Southern Africa Nazarene University is a new university that was launched in 2010 by bringing together three colleges, the Nazarene College of Nursing, Nazarene Teacher Training and the Nazarene College of Theology. The University is the result of the dream of the Swaziland Church of the Nazarene as it seeks to extend its long history of service in the Kingdom of Swaziland. SANU is a full member of the prestigious Association of African Universities
In a nutshell, the seminar will introduce participants to the various social media platforms, compare these and present possible areas of applications in business settings. Participants will also be taken through social media planning/strategy, implementation and measurement. Best practices will also be shared, drawing examples from higher education, government and non-governmental settings.
WHO CAN ATTEND THIS SEMINAR?
- Communication Officers
- Public Relations Officers
- Information Officers
- Marketing Officers
- Advocacy/Community Liaison Officers
From educational institutions or other private corporate / public organizations.
WHY MUST THE PUBLIC ATTEND
- Organizations need a robust Social Media strategy that is aligned to other organizational strategies.
- Professionals need more insights on how to use Social Media for fundraising, customer/student recruitment, customer/student retention, public relations, reputation management, general communication and also crisis communications.
- Social media continues to change the way consumers of African higher education choose brands, products and services. Staff must know how to keep these conversations going.
- Professionals must constantly improve their marketing strategies and learn how to exploit new technologies, analyze customer feedback and adopt new strategies.
Participants from Swaziland will pay a highly subsidized fee of E 1700.00 per person.
HOW TO REGISTER AND PAY
Those interested in attending the seminar can register online at:http://www.aau.org/ic3t/