The Faculty of Theology aspires to advance the holistic ministry of the Church of the Nazarene through quality Christian higher education for service and transformational leadership to impact their world.
We are committed to produce competent disciples who will advance a holistic ministry within a vital Christian Wesleyan holiness context in harmony with the Manual of the Church of the Nazarene through inquiry-based interactive teaching and learning, transformational leadership and community service in collaboration with our partners.
FOT embraces the University core values and we are committed to inculcate the following values:
- A Servanthood transformational leadership lifestyle
- Commitment to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ found in Matthew 28: 16 -20
- Development of life-long and self-directed learning
- Excellence in academic programmes
- Modeling Christ-like love in holy living
- Integrity and transparency in all spheres of life
- Compassion for all people
The Faculty of Theology shall:
- Produce Ministers capable of advancing the holistic ministry of the Church of the Nazarene and any other related ministry
- Prepare competent Ministers for evangelism, counseling, education, research, transformational leadership to impact their communities
- Produce Christ-like disciples for effective Christian living
- Collaborate with partners in the ministry to impact communities
- Promote critical thinking, entrepreneurship and self-directed learning